- Purple/Red cabbage - 1 meduim, thinly sliced.
- Oil - 1tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillis - 2 broken or crushed
Granish : Cilantro/corriender leaves, coconut grated and fresh lime juice - 1 tsp each
- Slice or chop cabbage and wash with cold water, drain the water.
- Heat oil, once hot add mustard and channdal. When dal changes colour add red chillies and add chopped cabbage.
- Cover with a lid and cook on meduim heat for about 5-10 mins. Make sure not to over cook the cabbage, it should still give some crunch. Adjust salt to taste.
- Once cabbage is done switch off heat. Squeese fresh lime juice, garnish with grated coconut and cilantro leaves.
I'll be sending this to Sunshinemoms Blog for FIC-November.