- Pumpkin - 3cups chopped
- Onion - 1 meduim chopped
- Oil, Mustard seeds and Channadal - 1tsp
- Coconut grated - 2tbsp
- Poppy seeds, Dalia dal (roasted gram dal, hurigadale) - 1 tsbp
- Corriender leaves- one handfull
- Green chillies- 1-2
- Cinnamon, cloves - 2 each
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsb
1.Cut/ chop pumpkin and onions.
2. Heat oil, when hot add mustard seed and channadal. Once dal starts to change colour add veggie mix well. Cover and cook till pumpkin is bit soft takes about 10 mins.
3.Meanwhile put all the ingredients in a mixer for grinding and add enough water and grind to smooth paste.
4.Once pumpkin is soft add ground paste, salt to taste add more water for desired consistancy.
5.Cover and cook for another 5-7 mins untill veggies absorb ground mixture. Once done switch off and serve.
We enjoyed with Dosa.