I was thinking of making something quick and light for our evening snack, so I used a can of chickpeas and small jar of pimentos to make hummus. I can say this recipe is a 5 minute wonder !
- Chickpeas - 1 cup (I used store brought, so rinse with water and drain well)
- Pimentos - about 2 tbsp (I used store brought, Roasted red bellpeppers be used instead)
- Roasted sesame seeds - 1tbsp ( use tahini paste instead)
- Green chilli's- 1 for spiciness
- Cilantro leaves- 1 hand full
- Olive oil - 1tsp
- Salt to taste.
* Leftovers can be used as a base for making noodles or spread on pizza.