Well, things have changed lately, we are able to get fresh Organic veggies and fruits from a neighboring state. They ship about 10 -12 types of different fruit and veggies which are fresh that week. This week we got a bunch of fresh beets along with its stem along with other fruits and veggies.
So I made a quick stir-fry with the beet greens and also used the stem. Taste was absolutely amazing. For a change I used powdered Dalia Dal/roasted gram Dal(hurigadale) instead of coconut.
- Beets greens - 1 bunch(l used both leaves and stems)
- Spring Onions - 1 bunch (optional)
- Onion - 1 medium
- Green chili- 2 slit (optional, can use red chilli powder instead)
- Lime juice- 1 tsp freshly squeezed
- Dalia Dal- 1tbsp powdered ( coconut can be used)
Tempering : Oil, mustard seeds and Channadal - 1 tsp each
- Clean beet greens, wash and chop them , Chop green onions and yellow onions as well.
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot add mustard seed and Channadal, when Dal starts to change color add onions and fry till soft.
- Then add chopped greens, cover and cook till the greens are wilted (reduced to half). Then add salt and powdered Dalia Dal. Squeeze some fresh lime juice. Mix well.