- Channadal / Kadalebele - 1 cup
- Urad dal/ Uddina bele - 3/4 cup
- Split Moonddal / heserubele- 1/2 cup
- Red chilies - 6 (use byadagi type chillies to get good red colour)
- Tamarind- dried about 1tsp
- Dried coconut and Jaggery - 1tbsp grated
- Salt to taste
Tempering : Oil - 1tsp and Hing/asafeotida - 1/4 tsp
- Dry roast (or roast with little oil), all the above ingredients(except dried coconut, jaggery and salt) till golden brown in colour.
- Once done, let it cool compeletly to that add dried coconut, jaggery grated, add salt.
- Using a blender/mixie grind them to fine powder.
- Heat oil, when hot add hing and add that oil to powder mix well and use as needed.
We use this Powder,mixed along with oilve oil or ghee or sometimes with curds/yogurt as a side dish with dosas, rottis, chapathis and rice as well.