- Green Bell pepper - 2 medium cut into big chunks
- Red onion - 1 medium
- Tomato- 1 medium
- Tomato paste- 1 tsp to give some tangyness to dish.
- Brown sugar or jaggery - about 1tsp to balance the spice and tangyness.
- Red chili powder- 1tsp
- Oil and cumin/jeera seeds - 1tsp each
- Peanuts,sesame seeds (ellu), poppy seeds (gasgase) - 1tbsp each
- Cinnamon and cloves - 2 each
- Coriander/cilantro leaves one handful chopped.
- Wash and chop veggies to big chunks, meanwhile roast listed ingredients(roast & grind) one by one. Once they have cooled enough, grind them to fine powder (I use coffee grinder to dry grind them. If using wet grinder use little water or tomato paste and grind them to fine paste).
- Heat oil in pan , when hot add cumin seeds. When seeds starts to pop add veggies mix well, cover and cook for about 5 mins. Then add roasted and ground powder or paste. Add tomato paste, brown sugar and chili powder. Add enough water and salt to taste. Let it cook for 10 or more mins until the veggies and peanut mixture combines well. Adjust salt as per taste.
- Switch off heat, and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve warm and Enjoy !
We had ours with whole wheat chapathis and some curds.