- Eggplant - 1 Big
- Onion - 1 medium size(chopped)
- Tomato - 1 big(chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch(grated)
- Garam Masala powder - 1tbsp
- Cayenne pepper(red chilli powder)- 1 tsb
Roasting Eggplant : Heat griddle on high. Rub little oil on eggplant and keep it on grill. Keep turning every 5 mins or so. It takes about 30 to 45 mins to get all the skin on the eggplant to turn black. Have to trun very gently so the skin won't break. Once the inside becomes soft, switch off and transfer to a plate. Peel the skin and mash with fork. Now its ready to be used.
Convenient/easy method : Poke few hole with a fork all over the eggplant. Cover with foil and roast in 400 F oven for 35- 45 mins. Eggplant will collapse once its done. Let it cool, remove skin and mash the eggplant.
- On a medium high heat ,put oil in a pan add choppen onions and grated ginger, saute till soft them add tomatoes cook till soft. This takes about 5- 7 mins.
- Then add spices mix well, now add mashed eggplant. Mix well and keep stiring untill all the flavours comes together.
- Add salt to taste. Squeeze lime juice before serving.
I'll be sending this to Pooja for her Vow-Brinjals event .