Here is the recipe for it.
- Rice- 1 cup
- Moongdal - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1 medium thinly sliced
- Carrot - 1 thinly diced
- Peas- 1/4 cup I used frozen
- Red chilli powder and garam masala - tsp each ( instead of this green chillies can also be used)
- Oil - 1tsp
- Mustrad seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal- 1 tsp
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Coconut grated, corriender leaves and fresh lime juice - about 1 tbsp each.
- Almonds- 1 tsp lightly toasted.
- First roast moongdal and rice together with or without oil on meduim heat untill golden in colour. keep aside.
- Heat one tsp of oil, when hot add mustard seeds and channa dal, once dal starts to change colour add all the veggies, cook for few minute(If using green chillies add along the veggies).
- Then add spices, and 3 cups of water( add 1:2 rice mixture to water), adjust salt to taste. Now add rice-moondal roasted early to water, mix well. Close lid and on meduim heat cook up to 3 whistels ( I directly make this in a pressure cooker so I do this way).
- Switch off cooker after 3 whistels and let it cool. Now garnish with corriender leaves, coconut and squeeze fresh lime. Mix well finally add roasted cashews.
Serve warm. Enjoy !
I'll be sending this to Srivalli's Rice Mela.