- Chickpeas - 1 cup ( soaked overnight and cooked till just soft, can use canned chickpeas instead)
- Onion - 1 meduim
- Tomato - 1
- Capsicum/bellpepper- 1 small
- Ginger and garlic- 2 pieces
- Tomato paste - 1tbsp (gives rich colour to the curry)
- Jaggery or Brown sugar - 1tsb (to balance the taste)
- Redchilli powder and Garam masala - 1tsp each (use channa masala powder instead).
- Chop onion, tomato and capsicum to big chunks. Along with ginger and garlic grind them to paste using enough water.
- Heat oil, when hot add cumin seeds, add in ground paste and cook till raw smell of veggies are gone, the mixture becomes thick and changes to dark colour.
- Now add spices and jaggery mix well, add cooked or canned chickpeas.Add enough water and cook on medium heat for 10 mins or so untill all the flavours combines well.
- Garnish with few cilantro leaves and red onions. Tastes great with puri and rotis.