Thursday, November 27, 2008

Apple-Cranberry Squares

I had few apples which was sitting in the basket for last week, so I baked today using that.
To make it more tasty, I added dried cranberries, some nuts and chocolates.



Ingredients

  • Apple - 1 chopped (about a cup)
  • Cranberries- 1/2 cup( I used Dried)
  • Almonds chopped -1/2 cup
  • Semi sweet chocolates- 1/4 cup (I used Hershey's Kisses)

Dry Ingredients

  • Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
  • Unbleached all purpose flour - 1 cup
  • Baking powder - 1tsp
  • Cinnamon sugar - 1 tsp
  • Nutmeg- 1/4 tsp
  • Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup or more for more sweetness.

Wet Ingredients (Liquids)

  • Orange juice - cup
  • Apple sauce - 1/2 cup
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Butter - 1tsp (for greasing)

  1. Pre-heat oven 375 degrees farenheit.

  2. Grease a square baking pan or use muffin cups.

  3. Sift in all the dry ingredient, mix all the wet ingredients. Mix chopped apples, nuts, dry fruit and chocos.

  4. Slowly add liquids to flour mixture and mix to a smooth batter. If thick add more juice or milk.

  5. Now fold in apple mixture gently, and pour them to the greased baking pan.

  6. Bake for about 35 to 45 mins. Once the top get golden brown, and bounces a little when touched. It will be ready.

  7. Take out of the oven, let it cool a bit. Cut into squares and enjoy when its warm.


Taste great the next day, we like to have this for Breakfast with hot coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I never tried cranberries till now, The squares look perfect:) I am sure they tasted delicious:) I wish I could have one right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different type of bars. They also look very good. I have not tasted the apple/cranberry combination before.

    ReplyDelete