Coffee, chocolate and chili, three of my favorite flavors in any dish or drink. I like anything and everything coffee, just the aroma of coffee makes me awake and alive. In my opinion, chocolate is the best food ever discovered, like them anytime. Chilies, fresh or in powdered form love them all, this has to be one of the food groups I cannot live without. I like them in both savory and sweet dishes. So today I made some hot chocolate with Coffee flavor and little touch of Chili (powder).
Winter is in full swing here, temperature is already below zero degrees. We spend most of our time indoors,cold weather makes us crave something warm and spicy, especially during evening. So this was a perfect drink for the cold evening.
Recipe for hot chocolate (Below measurement is for one cup, increase the quantity as required)
- Milk - 1 cup (I have used 2% milk)
- Sugar - 2 tsp (add more or less according to taste)
- Chocolate - 1 tbsp (Dark and semi-sweet mixed together)
- Coffee - 2tbsp ( brewed/decoction coffee)
- Chili powder - one small pinch ( I used cayenne powder)
1. Heat milk in a pot.
2. Crush chocolates(corsley chop) so it dissolves easily when added to milk.
3. When milk comes to boil, add crushed chocolates, mix well.
4. Now add coffee, sugar and pinch of chili powder.
5. Mix everything until chocolates completely dissolves and combine well with milk. Switch off.
6. Pour Hot chocolate into a cup and enjoy.
For Kids version :Follow the same method as mentioned above, just skip coffee and chili powder. Mix in milk, sugar and semi-sweet chocolates together. Use whole milk and little more sugar than given measurement. One can also substitute chili powder with cinnamon powder for nice flavor.
Have a good weekend !