This week I tried something new by adding grated chili's and ginger at the very end of the dish almost like a garnish. Which makes the dish differently delicious, from the raw flavors of chili's, ginger and lime juice.
So here is the recipe.
Delicata squash - 1 (Any kind of pumpkin/squash can be used, potatoes will be good too)
Onion - 1 medium size
Tomato - 1 medium size
Tempering : Oil and mustard seeds - 1tsp
Spices : Green chili's - 1-2 ( I used Serrano kind) ,Fresh ginger- about 1 inch
I grated chili and ginger them with a fine grater ( you can make paste, using blender or motor and pestle or chop finely)
Garnish :Cilantro leaves - 2 tbsp chopped, Lime/lemon juice - freshly squeezed about a tablespoon.
- First cut the squash, onion and tomato to bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot add mustard seeds. When it starts to pop add chopped veggies and cover and cook till soft about 7-10 mins.
- Add salt and adjust to taste.
- Add chili-ginger paste(about 1tspor more grated), mix well and adjust spicy level accordingly
- Finally add chopped cilantro leaves and squeeze fresh lime juice and mix well.
I'll be sending this to Sunshinemom of Tongue Tickler for the event FIC-Yellow.