This makes for a very satifying snack or same can be used with buns for making burgers for a meal. For the recipe I used red skined potatoes, used whole potoes along with the skin for making cutlets.
So here are the ingredinets I used
- Red skin Potatoes- 4 nos
- Broccoli - about 5 florets
- Roasted red bell peppers- 3 tbsp spoon ( Iused store brought)
- Onion- 1 meduim
- Spices: Garam masala and Red chilli powder- 1 tsp each
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup (take two slice of bread and run it in mixie untill it from like crumbs).
- For garnish- Tomato ketchup, mint chutney, few cilantro leaves and lime juice 1 tbsp.
- Wash potatoes and cook them in boiling water till tender. Chop onion, bell pepper and Broccoli to bit size pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add veggies cover and cook till soft. Now add cooked and cooled potatoes either chop them or crumble them.( I have left the skin on so I have choped them).
- Add spices and salt mix well , then add bread crumbs about 1/2 cup of so the veggie mixture all comes together to form a stiff ball.
- Once cool down to handle makes ball shape and flatten with palm of your hand. Roll the patties in remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat tava/griddle on medium heat. Add little oil and put pattie on that and leave for 3-4 minutes till the side is golden brown , filp and let the other side roast as well.
- Squeese lime juice and serve with chutney and sauces. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
*Along with bread crumbs, rice flour can be added to make the veg mixture stiff and crispy. Patties can be deep fried instead of roasting on tava.
I am sending this as my entry to Ode to Potatoes hosted by Sia of Monsoon Spice and to Potato Fe(a)st hosted by DK of Culinary Bazzar.