Friday, June 8, 2007

Spiced up Cantalope Juice.



Eversince I saw Trupthi's post on WBB-Spice it up event I can't stop m self. I am trying to spice up the dishes or drinks which I never made before. Experiments are going on in my kitchen and this one really turned out well for me.

Whenever I get Cantalope from store, if its sweet and juicy we will eat half of the fruit as such or eat it with little salt and pepper. With the ther half I make juice or shake(using sugar and milk) . This is the first time I tried making cantolpe juice with black pepper and ginger. Tasted very well with spicy from black pepper and sweetness from honey and fruit.

Here is how I made it .
  • Cantalope(peeled and cubed) - about 2 cups (for 2 glasses)
  • Ginger - 1" peice
  • Black peppercorns - about 10
  • Lime or Lemon juice-1 tbsp
  • Honey- 2 tbsp or more.
  • Salt - 2 pinch (it enhances the taste).

  1. Take the above ingredients in a blender and blend it to smooth consistency (no water required).
  2. After blending I strained (using medium holed strainer), to remove if there are any big lumps.
  3. Adjust the taste at this point and one can add water to desired consitancy.
  4. Tastes good room temperature or chilled. We had this with simple bread toast .

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment