Eversince I saw Trupthi's post on WBB-Spice it up event I can't stop m self. I am trying to spice up the dishes or drinks which I never made before. Experiments are going on in my kitchen and this one really turned out well for me.
Whenever I get Cantalope from store, if its sweet and juicy we will eat half of the fruit as such or eat it with little salt and pepper. With the ther half I make juice or shake(using sugar and milk) . This is the first time I tried making cantolpe juice with black pepper and ginger. Tasted very well with spicy from black pepper and sweetness from honey and fruit.
Here is how I made it .
- Cantalope(peeled and cubed) - about 2 cups (for 2 glasses)
- Ginger - 1" peice
- Black peppercorns - about 10
- Lime or Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Honey- 2 tbsp or more.
- Salt - 2 pinch (it enhances the taste).
- Take the above ingredients in a blender and blend it to smooth consistency (no water required).
- After blending I strained (using medium holed strainer), to remove if there are any big lumps.
- Adjust the taste at this point and one can add water to desired consitancy.
- Tastes good room temperature or chilled. We had this with simple bread toast .