By the end of the week i'll be having too little of all the veggies in my fridge. Where I can't use any single vegetable to make any dish. So Dal-vegetable combined with some spice is the one dish I make at least once a week. This is one way to finish off all the veggies and go shopping for fresh vegetables.
I usually add split moong dal with veggies, reason being its cooks faster and my toddler can digest well. Once in a while I use Channa dal for this dish. Dal- veggi curry with wheat-flour Chapathi is nutritious and complete satisfying meal.
So here is the recipe.
- Veggies I used are carrot, capsicum/green bell pepper,zucchini, green beans, tomato, onion,peas and potato(All together it was about 2 cups of veggies).
- I used 1 cup of split moong dal with this veggies.
Spices I used
Red chilli powder 1tsp
Corriender powder 1tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Tamarind 1/2 tsp
* Can add garam masal . I usually add jaggery where ever I use Tamarind it balances the tangyness .
Also need 2 tsp of oil and mustard seed for seasoning.
- Heat oil on medium heat, when hot add mustard seed .
- Once mustard starts to pop add all the veggies. Wash moongdal in water and add this to veggies.
- Add little salt mix well cover and cook untill veggies are half done.
- Now add all the spices mix well add enough water to get medium consistancy.
- Cover and cook for another 10min or untill veggies and dal is cooked .
- Adjust salt per taste.
Now its ready enjoy !