Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mixed Vegetables and Moongdal

veg-d.jpg

By the end of the week i'll be having too little of all the veggies in my fridge. Where I can't use any single vegetable to make any dish. So Dal-vegetable combined with some spice  is the one dish I make at least once a week. This is one way to finish off all the veggies and go shopping for fresh vegetables.

I usually add split moong dal with veggies, reason being its cooks faster and my toddler can digest well. Once in a while I use Channa dal for this dish. Dal- veggi curry with wheat-flour Chapathi is nutritious and complete satisfying meal.

So here is the recipe.

  • Veggies I used are carrot, capsicum/green bell pepper,zucchini, green beans, tomato, onion,peas and potato(All together it was about 2 cups of veggies).
  • I used 1 cup of split moong dal with this veggies.

veg.jpg

Spices I used

Red chilli powder 1tsp

Corriender powder 1tsp

Turmeric 1/2 tsp

Tamarind 1/2 tsp

Jaggery 1tsp.

* Can add garam masal . I usually add jaggery where ever I use Tamarind it balances the tangyness .

spi.jpg

Also need 2 tsp of oil and mustard seed for seasoning.

Method:

  • Heat oil on medium heat, when hot add mustard seed .
  • Once mustard starts to pop add all the veggies. Wash moongdal in water and add this to veggies.
  • Add little salt mix well cover and cook untill veggies are half done.
  • Now add all the spices mix well add enough water to get medium consistancy.
  • Cover and cook for another 10min or untill veggies and dal is cooked .
  • Adjust salt per taste.

cha-veg.jpg

Now its ready enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment