So here is the recipe.
- Channadal -2 tbsp
- Cumin- 1tsp
- Poppy seeds(khus khus or gasagase)- 2tsp
- Black pepper(menasu) 4-5 peppercorns
- Red chilli 2
- Cinnamon and Clove- 1-2 small pieces
- Heat oil in a skillet, when its hot enough add mustard seeds. Once it starts to pop add grated beets and fry for few minutes.
- Meanwhile dry roast all the above ingredients and grind to a course powder using coffee grinder(It can also be made by using wet grinder , just add enough water to make to smooth paste).
- When the Beets are soft enough add the grind powder/paste to the veggie, add salt and water (Add water according to desired consistancy)
- Simmer it down for 10-15 mins.
- Serve warm with rice or rotis.
We had ours with chapathis. Enjoy!