Chapathis(flat breads made with wheat flour) or Parathas(flat breads made by combining wheat flour with vegetable and spices) are very staple at our home. I make them almost everyday for our lunch or dinner.
Today I made with some grated vegetables along with cumin and Nigella seeds and had with coconut chutney.
Ingredients I have used :
- Grated Vegetables - Zucchini, Carrots, Radish all grated- about 2cups mixed together.
- Green onion, dried methi leaves - about 2tsp each
- Cumin(jeera) powder and red chili powder- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds and Nigella (kalonji) seeds - 1tsp.
- Oil - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour/atta flour- 2cups or more.
- Wash and grate the vegetables to (remove/peel the outer skin if its tough).
- To the vegetables mix chopped green onions and methi leaves and spice powders and seeds..Add salt and keep aside for 5 mins.
- To this vegetable mixture, add wheat flour and mix well to combine, moisture from the veggies will soften the flour so add water little by little to make a stiff dough.
- Add little oil and knead for few minutes. Then take a small size ball , roll them thin and cook them on griddle/tava.
- Enjoy them warm with chutneys or plain yogurt/curds.
I am sending this to Think spice -Kalonji(nigella seeds) hosted by Ammalu's Kitchen which was originally started by Sunita of Sunita's World.