I have used the same recipe as for making Gobi Manchurian. Instead of using Gobi/cauliflower, I have used tofu to make the dish healthy.
Firm Tofu - about 2 cups when cubed
Red bell pepper/capsicum - 1 big size (any kind of bell peppers will work)
Red onion - 1 medium size
Green chili - 1 (for spiciness)
S0y sauce - 1tbsp
Red chili sauce - 1tsp (Use ketchup for mild flavor)
Sesame seeds - 1tsp
Spring/green onions - chopped about a tbsp
- First cut tofu into bit size pieces, pat them dry with some paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Heat a griddle/tava or pan, add little oil and wipe it. Put cubed tofu on tava and lightly fry them until all the sides are lightly brown in color.
- Gently turn the sides using a spatula. Keep aside once done.
- Chop onion and red bell pepper into thin slice. Heat oil in a pan, when hot add sliced veggies and chili and sauté them for few minutes, until just tender.
- Now add soy sauce and chili sauce mix well. Add cubed and lightly browned tofu pieces and coat gently with the sauce.
- Take the mixture off the heat and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.
* Add 2tsp of toasted nuts on top for some crunch.
I'll be sending this to event Click -cheese/tofu hosted by Bee & Jai of Jugalbandi.