I was first introduced to this beautiful beans in a party couple years ago, where one of our friend made a salad with it, and very much liked the taste and texture of it.
For the first time today, I tried to give it a shot in my kitchen. Very simple to make and yet very fulfilling, can be eaten as such or as a side with rice and curry. I had some left overs,which I used in making fried rice, tasted very delicious.
- Edamame- about 1/2 cup (I used frozen)
- Corn - about 1/3 cup ( I used Frozen)
- Red onion- 2tsp chopped
- Calamata olives - about 5-6 chopped
- Roasted red peppers- Few chopped (used jared)
Seasoning : Black pepper, salt, olive oil and lime juice according to taste.*Grated carrots, tomatoes and toasted nuts can also be added.
- Bring water to boil, add salt and edamame and boil for 3-4 minutes until they are just tender and still have a bite to it. Drain and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix, olive oil, salt pepper and lime juice to that add chopped veggies and cooked edamame. Combine well and adjust the seasoning
- Finally garnish with cilantro leaves and sprinkle some sev on it. Enjoy !