Cornmeal Idlies with Onion-Tomato Gojju
I make rava idlies regularly, just for a change I tried making idlies using Cornmeal, it turned out pretty good and tasted more delicious than regular rava idlies.
Recipe is same as for making Rava/soji/semolina idlies. I used home made slightly sour yogurt, one can substitute this with store brought yogurt or sour cream or both half and half.
- 2 cups of corn meal ( can use 1 cup of corn meal and 1 cup of rava)
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 1 carrot - grated
- few curry leaves and cilantro leaves.
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Channa dal- 1tsp.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard and channa dal. When it starts to pop add corn meal and fry for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Swith off and once cool add carrot, curry leaves ,yogurt and salt. Mix well and keep this for 10 mins or so.
- Cornmeal mixture will be thick, add little water or more yogurt to make it bit thin.
- Pour and Steam them in idli moulds for 20 mins. Let it cool, unmould and serve with chutneys or gojju.
Details for making rava idlies click here.