I was really not planning on making this Bhaji at all, last night for dinner I was plannning to make Toordal patties for burger. But added bit more water for dal while cooking and it was mushy so added pav bhaji masala to that and Toordal bhaji was created. For my surprise it was good, adding dals to bhaji doesn't change the taste of it.
I am so happy to know the due date of JFI has been extended and sending this as my entry for Linda's JFI-Toordal.
For Making Bhaji I used
- 2 Potatoes- medium size
- 1 big carrot
- 1/2 cup - toordal
Spice Powderes I used are Pav bhaji masala- 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- 2 tbsb- corriender leaves
- 2 tbsp- red onions chopped
- 2 slices for lime.
Whole wheat Burger buns are used as pav. 1tbsp of butter for spreadingon buns.
- Pressure cook toordal, Potaotes and carrot untill soft. I used 2 different pot one for dal and one for veggies.
- When soft mash to a smooth consisitancy.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, when hot add the mashed veggi and dal. Add spice powders and water to make it to desired consistancy.
- Add salt and let it cook for 15 mins.
- Finally garnish with Cilantro/corriender leaves and chopped onions. Squeeze some lime juice and Eat it with buns/bread lightly tosted with little butter on a griddle.