We get quite a few Apples in our veggie box each week. None of us are big fan of eating apples, so once a week to finish of those apples off, I make milk shakes with it.
Today, I happened to have a few soaked Almonds(Badami), so added them along with the Apples. Almonds gives very rich, sweet and delicious taste to the milk shake.
Along with Apples and Almonds I added few Cardamom seeds, it compliments almonds and apples very much with its aromatic flavor and sweet taste.
So here is a delicious and nutritious recipe with Apples.
Ingredients I have used :
- Apples - 4
- Cold Milk - 1 cup (Boiled and cooled)
- Sugar - 4 tsp ( add more for more sweetness)
- Almonds - about 2 tbsp ( soaked and skin removed, this is optional)
- Cardamom (Elakki)- Seeds lightly crushed from 2 pods
- Wash, peel the skin and remove seeds and chop apples to big bite size pieces.
- If using Almonds(soaked), peels the skin as well.
- Remove the outer skin, take the seed out of Cardamom and crush them lightly.
- Take all the ingredients mentioned above, add milk and sugar.
- Blend till smooth in a mixer/blender. Add more milk or water to make to desired consistency.Adjust sugar level.
* I keep Apples and milk in Fridge for few hours before making shakes to make it cold.
For even more colder shake, use crushed ice cubes or ice-cream.