These days I have upgraded my dosa recipe from regular rice to brown rice to make it little more nutritious. With sprouts added to it, this will make a complete healthy breakfast.
Recipe for Dose Batter
- 2 cups - brown rice
- 3/4 cups-urad dal
- 1/2 cup - poha/aval/avalakki
- 2 tbsp - channa dal
- 1 tbsp - methi seeds
For making utthapa/ toppings
- 1/2 cup - sprouted moongdal
- 2tbsp- sweet sliced onions
- 2tbsp- tomatos
- 1tsp of each- chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Pour a laddle full of dosa batter on hot griddle/tava. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of mixture in top. It will spread on its own.
- Cover for few seconds, let the bottom side get light brown and cook through.
- Flip for few seconds and serve.