Monday, July 10, 2006

Simple Bread Toast

When I was in college, after classes me and my friends used to go to the near by bakery to have this kind of toast. During those days this was one thing we all could afford and it tasted very good. I like all kind of bread dishes. I have tried to recreat the toast I used to eat. This toast is very easy to make in very less amount of time.


So here is what we need
  • Bread slices - 4 (I use wheat bread)
  • For Topping : One each-Onion, tomato, green chilli (chopped finely)and carrot(grated).
  • We also need 1 tbsp of oil, pinch of turmeric and salt to taste.
  1. Toast the bread slices on tava or a toaster, with or without oil.
  2. Heat skillet, add oil when it is hot enough add a pinch of turmeric, onion, tomato, chillis and carrot. Fry for few minutes, then add salt according to your taste.
  3. Now top veggies on toasted bread slice. Let it stand for a few mins to allow bread to abosrb juice from the veggies.

Enjoy! with a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment