Vegetables I have used : Onion, tomato, Potato and Bell peppers (capsicum) - 1 each chopped into bit size pieces.
Lightly toast and grind :
- Sesame seeds (Ellu) - 2 tbsp.
- Cashew nuts (godambi) - 2 tbsp.
- Cinnamon & cloves (chekke-lavanga)- 2 each.
- Dried red chilli - 1or 2
Others : Oil - 2 tsp, turmeric - 1/2 tsp and salt to taste.
- Wash and chop vegetables to bit size pieces.
- Lightly toast the above mentioned ingredients, let it cool and then grind them to fine powder, keep them ready.
- Heat a pan, add oil when hot add turmeric and then add chopped veggies and fry for few mins, until half cooked.
- Then add ground sesame-cashew mixture. Add enough water, salt.
- Cover and cook until veggies are cooked though about 10 - 15 min. Keep stirring in between to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Adjust salt, mix well. Garnish with few cilantro leaves and top with few toasted sesame seeds (this is optional).
Serve warm with Rotis or rice. Enjoy !