Hello all, I have been missing in action for almost 5 months now. I had been to India on vacation, enjoyed the rainy season over there, got to eat spiciy snacks and good meals during those days. Along with that also enjoyed some street chaats and visited few, new restaurants while I was in my hometown Mysore.
During all this, blogging took a back seat, its been almost 15 days since we got back from our vacation, and I am back to my daily routine. I have been cooking the basic recipes like rice, curry and rotis.
A few days ago, I tried a new type of curry with the combination of green chilli peppers and tofu, along with roasted peanut and some spices. End result was very delicious and it tastes great with chapthis , rotis as well as rice.
So here is the recipe for it.
- Green chilli peppers (long, mild ones)- 4
- Onion - 1 medium size
- Tomato - 1
- Tofu (firm kind) - cubed about 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste or tamarind paste - 1 tsp>
Roast and Grind :
- Peanuts-Groundnuts - 1/4 cup
- Corrinder seeds - 1tbsp
- Sesame seeds - 1tbsp
- Black pepper corns - 1tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1tsp
- Red chillies - 2 (more for more spice level)
- Wash and chop onion, tomatoes and green chilli peppers to big bite size pieces.
- Heat apan, add the above mentioned ingredients for roasting. Roast on low flame for few minutes, untill everthing smells good and peanuts turns ligt brown. Let it cool. Then grind it to bit course powder (or else use tamarind paste or water and use that to while grinding to make as smooth paste).
- Heat oil in a pan, when hot enough add mustard seeds, when they start to pop add cut veggies and saute/fry till onion is soft and pepper changes colour to drak green.
- Now add ground mixture, add more water to make the curry to medium consitsancy. Add tomato paste now along with water if using. Add salt ,mix well, let it cook for 10 mins.
- Cut Tofu(paneer can also be used) to bite size peices. Now add them with the veggies and peanut mixture. Add more water if required. Mix gently.
- Switch off from the heat and let it sit for 10 mins or so before serving. So that, tofu will absorb the flavours from spices.
Serve warm with chapathis or rice. Spicy and healthy curry, Enjoy !