For dough I used:
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Unbleached all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Yeast - 1tsp (dissloved in warm water)
- Carom seeds- 1tsp
- Salt as per taste and oilve oil to knead the dough.
- Warm water - about a cup
- Disslove yeast in warm water .
- Mix whole wheat and all purpose flour along with carom seeds and some salt.
- Now add warm water in which yeast was dissloved, mix in to form a stiff dough.
- Knead with little oil, close and keep in a warm place for about an hour.
Making Capsicum curry
Chopped peppers and Peppers sauted and mixed with spices
Wash and chop peppers( i used pabalano, redbell pepper, 1 jalapeno and 2 bananna peppers). Heat 1 tsp of oil and when hot add cumin and add chopped peppers. Cover and cook till soft make sure it does not get mushy. Now add chilli powder and garam masala. Adjust salt per taste. Finally squeeze in 1 tsp of lime juice. Let it cool completely.
When dough has raised or doubled its volume and curry mixture is completely cooled. Pre-heat the oven for 400 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts. Flatten it and put the curry mixture on it. Bring all the sides together and tuck it in and put tucked side down on baking tray (just like we do for stuffed parathas). Rub with little oil before putting in the oven, so the dough won't dry out. See pics below.
Now bake for 12 mins or untill the crust is golden brown. Take out and let it cool before eating.
*Bananna peppers peel off their outer skin once sauted. So make sure to remove them before stuffing. If made in large batches make sure to use them within 1or 2 days.