Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tomato Puri (Tomato puffed rice)

Puffed rice(puri as we call it) mixed with some veggies and spices, toped on a tomato slice. One can also use cucumbers instead of tomato or both.

I am very fond of chaats like masala puri, panipuri, churumuri , tomato puri just to name a few(my mouth started watering writing about it). Before coming to United States, I never tried making any chats at home, whenever felt like eating it was just around the corner, I and my friends would go and have it.

I am from very cold part of this country any guess ? Weather is cold or cloudy most of the time. So I feel like eating spicy chats mostly during evenings. Knowing that I can't go anywhere to get chats, it makes even more tempting to eat it. So now a days I am making chats at home, tomato puri is one of the easiest to make.


What we need.

  • Tomatos fully riped. Can make 7-8 slices using one tomato.
  • Puffed rice(murmura), red onion finely chopped, carrot grated, garlic , ginger and chilli made into fine paste. (all the ingredients can be adjusted according to one's taste).
  • For garnising home made or store bought sev and few mint/cilantro leaves.
  • Salt and pepper for taste. Tea spoon of oilve oil.



1. Slice tomato, sprinkle with salt and pepper(if using cucumbers add lime juice to it).

2. Mix all ingredients except puffed rice with teaspoon of oil, add salt and pepper adjust the taste. When ready to serve add puffed rice. Mix well

3. Top with sev and garnish with cilantro. Eat right away.
(can also add some tamarind or mint chutney on top).


Have a slice and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment