Ingredients I used.
- 2 cups - chopped pumpkins ( and kind of winter squashs can be used)
- 1- medium onion
- 1 cup - Cooked chickpeas (soak about half cup overnight and cook in pressure cooker for 20 mins)
- 1 tsp- tomato paste
- 2-3- Red chillies
- 1tbsp- oilve oil
- 3 handful Spaghetti ( I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)
- Salt to taste
- Handfull of chopped corriender/cilantro or parsley
- Few tablespoon of grated parmasen cheese
- Few tablespoon of toasted pumpkin seeds
- Chop pumpkin and onion put them on a baking sheet and bake them for 30 mins in a 350 degree oven. Meanwhile, cook soaked chickpeas. When pumpkins and chickpeas are cool enough puree them along with tomato paste and chillies in mixie/blender to smooth sauce like consistancy.
- Heat water in big pot when it comes to boil put spaghetti and cook till they are soft.
- In another pan heat oilve oil, add blended sauce, add more water if required to deisred consistancy. Add salt to taste.
- Once the spaghetti is done cooking, drain well and add this to sauce mix well.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped herbs, pumpkin seeds and little cheese.
*Roasting pumpkin and cooking chickpes takes time, so if any one wants to make this dish in a hurry use store brought pumpkin puree and canned chickpeas.
I will be sending this dish to AFAM-Pumpkins hosted by Madhuram of Eggless cooking. Originally started by Maheswari of Beyond the usual.